RE: Formatting out line breaks

  • From: "G B" <gbmagoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:22:40 -0700

What word processor are you useing



From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jim Portillo
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 16:05
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Formatting out line breaks


Hi there, 
Here's something on which I'm hoping someone will have some information. 
I have a huge file that I got off the net which I need to reformat.  It
looks something like this.  It'll have one line of text that's somewhat
long, followed
by a line of text that is very short, with a blank next to it, which I'm
calling a line break or carriage return.  When I manually delete that and
a space, it looks like a regular line of text.
This is a file of close to 100 pages, and I'd hate to go through line by
line trying to fix it.
What I'd like to do is use the search and replace all function in Word and
replace all of those hard line breaks.  Is there a symbol I can use to type
that will do that, or is there an easier way I can reformat the text?
It's annoying, but I'd love to have this better formatted.
I'll bet the pages will come down considerably.

Other related posts: