Re: Forced to switch to JFW Pro

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 21:11:55 -0500

Katrina,

This clarification of yours is helpful to the list. As you know, your first message today sparked a lot of discussion. As far as I'm concerned, based on what you say here, you did a hefty amount of research and weren't to know that the media edition would create problems. I suppose the lesson we all need to learn from your experience is that we must keep in mind every term of art and not deviate when shopping for a JAWS-compatible system.

I'm sorry there doesn't appear to be an easy solution for your current difficulties.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Katrina" <kanderson@xxxxxxxxxx>

I did not actually mention that I was getting a computer with Windows XP
Home. I only asked what should I know before getting a new computer. By
the way, I have no real issue with FS support. It would have been nice to
know about Media Center prior to shopping, and I did mention the computer I
was considering was a HP system, but I recognize that it was an error that I
didn't say the computer had Media Center.

It should be noted that I did do research prior to buying the computer.
Unfortunately I just didn't look into the Media Center issue. When
searching the FS site, there were no support notes that I came across that
mentioned Media Center. After learning that I had a problem, I returned to
the FS site, searched for Media Center, and found that it was not supported.
I am frustrated, but like so many other things in my life consider it to be
a lesson learned.

Katrina