re: Forced to switch to JFW Pro

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 18:12:08 -0600

Hi guys

I think this may actually be at the fault of FS after all, and here's the reason why. When JAWS was written, they have standard, and pro.
Well, they wrote code that recognizes XP Home and pro, but they didn't write any code that recognizes media center addition.
So in theory, JAWS standard *should* work with windows media center, but for some reason it's not, at least not on the system we're talking about here.
As far as Media center goes, I would say if you make use of those features then go ahead and keep it and call FS and see if they can't fix the problem somehow. If not though, I would just install xp home on it like another person said.

At 05:18 PM 12/4/2005, you wrote:
Joseph,

Perhaps you should examine your own attitude. Your diatribe against FS is unwarranted in this instance. They are not at fault for Katrina's problem; it is the HP vendor who sold her a laptop with this incompatible version of XP. Freedom Scientific hasn't "written" anyone off, but apparently you have written of Freedom Scientific.

Joseph wrote:
"if freedom didn't have such a bad attitude,
and write people off I wouldn't be so unkind.
Joseph. Adrian"