Re: Flash & JFW 7: was: JAWS issue/bug

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 08:28:07 -0800

Here's a question:

I'm using Jaws 7.  In order to stop getting annoying Windows warning sounds
and requests to download and install Flash, I gave in and allowed it to
download and install.  But now Flash movies are getting in the way of my
being able to smoothly read something like a New York Times article, just as
used to happen to me in Jaws 4.5, and for which I had no workaround then
except to desperately hope that the little movie things would be of short
duration and that I could arrow down past their Start and End buttons or
whatever those are.

So, I figured, this is where I ought to do what you've done-- set Jaws to
ignore the Flash stuff even though it's playing on the Web page.

So I went into Configuration Manager, hunted through several settings
categories, and couldn't find the option for ignoring Flash.  Now, is there
actually such a setting, or do you mean you went to the Internet Explorer
options, probably in the advanced tab, and set something there?

Thanks for the clarification.
optionth wnet setingorning patge.I'd be able to  for getting