Re: Firewalls Questions

  • From: trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:19:08 -0500

It does protect very good, but any time someone pings your system even if
its junk traffic you get a window. Sometimes these pings are needed for
your modem to do its work in verifying your ip, and you may block it by
accident. The information that comes up isn't always helpful when de siding
to block. Were with sygate it does all this behind the seem for you.
I use to run tiny personal witch is now Kerio for a long time, but when I
tried sygate it made me switch and that ain't easy.

At 08:20 PM 1/25/04 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I have just downloaded and am running the latest Sygate firewall, but I have
>a question regarding Kerio
>2.5.  You mentioned not using the latest Kerio because of overhead.
>However, how well will it protect?  Is there any protection benefit to using
>the later version of Kerio?  and does it work real well with JAWS 5.0 or
>4.5?
>I really appreciate everyone's responses to my questions.
>Thanks.
>
>Dan

Tim
trouble