RE: Firefox vs IE6 and JAWS

  • From: RAWest <rawest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 16:23:13 -0400

Thanks for the info.

Robert

To find me you can do the following.

Skype id:  rawest24

Aim id:  rawest24

EMail:  rawest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  _____

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 3:58 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Firefox vs IE6 and JAWS

Legitimate question. Almost all navigation commands are the same. For
favorites, press alt-b instead of alt-a. To open a new page, instead of
pressing control-o, press either control-l or, to simultaneously open a new
tab, control-t. Otherwise, h, f, n, etc., all work as in IE6. You will
encounter some pages that Firefox doesn't handle as well, but many more that
it handles better.

You can download add-ons to Firefox that provide some help. One enables you
to switch to IE on a given page. Another gives you control over whether to
open or download a PDF file. What convinced me to switch to Firefox was its
superior handling of PDF files. I can read some via Firefox that were
impossible with IE.