Fire fox

  • From: John Gasman <jjgassman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:27:05 -0700

HI,
Perhaps this has already been addressed.
I'm not on this list except for those times when I need a question answered. the traffic is to busy for my schedule.
I downloaded fire fox today and am running JAWS 7.0.
I am also running Firefox version 1.7 which was posted on 9/15/05.
When I launch Firefox I hear Edit but arrowing up or down, left or right does absolutely no good.
the page does not read like Innernet Explorer as it is supposed too.
When I go into Innernet Options or options as it is called in firefox, the tabs read but not the choices within each tab.
For example, the general tab reads but if I tab to get the choices I hear JAWS read the next tab.
I thought that maybe the google bar was blocking something but my sighted girlfriend says no.
Even when I go to another page such as CNN, nothing reads when I arrow around. Say all does not work either.
The JAWS help for Firefox says there are no special things I need to do to get it up and running.
Is it possible that this latest version of Firefox was altered and does not work with the current JAWS 7.0 or do I need to adjust some settings?
thanks for your attention and any suggestions you can make.

John
John Gassman

mailto:jjgassman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Recognition Of The Problem is 51% Of The Solution