Re: Fine Reader and Open Book

  • From: "Suereyya Janssen" <su.janssen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:11:15 +0100

Hello Renette,

I would suggest you Fine Reader 8. The OCR engine in Open Book is Fine
Reader 7. Therefore fine Reader 8 is cheaper and more uptodate than
Open Book. The only disadvantage of Fine reader is the learning curve.
You schould get used to it, because it is a standard software. I mean
it is not especially for the blind like Open Book. That is why Open
book is so expensive.
The better choice in my opinion would be Fine reader. You
could ask further questions, if you have some and we would give our
best to help you learn it.

Best wishes
Susie