Re: Find nd Replace

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:30:18 -0700

Francis,

Personally, I apply things like this as I go, because I know exactly what I
want the words to look like as I'm writing.  I don't really have much use in
what I do for bolding or underlining, but one example of an attribute I do
use with some frequency is italicizing foreign language words, as is the
convention.  And I do that as I write.  To go back through a long document
just to find, say, Spanish words and italicize them would be nothing if I
were scanning the document visually.  But given the labor-intensive nature
of working with Jaws, and the necessity to actually read/listen through
everything all over again just for a purpose like this, well, that's too
burdensome to even contemplate.  So I just do that stuff as I go, which is
no big deal at all.

This post is not off topic but a practical reflection about one jaws user's
adaptation in his work methods.  Just in case.  Only half joking.
Message -----