Re: Filling in blank edit fields in Word 2003 doc

  • From: "TerriLynne" <terri_lynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:15:58 -0700

Hi Robert,
I don't know if you can have the x appear on top of the underline. I usually
just delete one or more of the underline characters and type in my answer in
the resulting blank.

TerriLynne

Robert Matti wrote:
The form I am trying to fill out is a Services Evaluation form sent to me
as an attachment by the management of the retirement village I reside in
The title and path of the attachment is C:\Program
Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Attach\Evaluation of Services 11-04 pg 2.doc since
this has a doc extension and opens up in my Word 2003 program I figure it
must have been written with some version of Word.
The form has several fields to be filled in such as Yes ____No____etc.
I am trying to type an x in one of the above fields and have the x appear
on top of the underline but so far I have not been successful doing this
unless I select the underline, then delete it and have my x underlined as I
type it in which works fine but I thought there was some way of typing an x
and having it be on top of the existing underline.
Below the yes, no etc. fields are several lines for comments this is where
it would really be nice if the typed in comment would go above or on top of
the existing underline.
What I mean by both move the underline to the right is with the doc open in
Word when I toggle insert or over type(control, alt i)it makes no
difference as far as getting the typing to go above the underline.
Need some way of getting into forms mode
I hope the above is understandable, if not and there is a method of
accomplishing the above I would be most happy to contact you (Chip) by
phone if you give me your number and best time to call you, I live in the
Pacific time zone.

jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20