Re: Fileswith dot I n I extentions

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 21:08:13 -0800

Hi,
The .ini files are initialization files, containing settings. The
desktop.ini file is used to preserve viewing options, such as whether
certain folders should be viewed in list mode, with details turned on, et
cetera. If you delete one of those, you won'd do any real harm; you just
have to reset your viewing preferences. Other types of .ini files could be
more critical, so don't just zap them for the hell of it. Be careful.

Tom