File search available from Windows Explorer Files menu?

  • From: Yardbird <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:57:35 -0700

I'm using jaws 10 to access this function. I'm using Win XP Home, and
there's no
Search item in the Files menu when I'm in Windows Explorer. Personally, I've
always either put up the Start menu by pressing the Windows key and then,
well, I keep forgetting the single key command to pick it out, although
right now I'm thinking maybe it's the letter C, so I just arrow up until I
come to Search, and then hit Enter. I've never thought the function that
opens its own little window then to be so inconvenient, once I learned my
way around it, a long time ago. And it's even got some Advanced Search
options , which again I don't see as a problem in terms of using the
function, but just a benefit. it works well enough if you know what you need
to type into the search field, and which buttons to click on, and then how
to tab into the results. And how to expand a line in the results if there's
not enough information showing (Windows Explorer, View, details).

maybe the conversation was about Vista, and I missed that because I didn't
open the messages in the thread until recently, just out of belated
curiosity? if so, sorry.

thanks,
Joel

Alternative archives located at: