Family tree Software & JAW's

  • From: "JDM" <sunnyday001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:21:37 +1100

Karen writes, "Does anyone know of any programs to record ones family tree
that will work well with JFW 5.0 and windows XP?"

Hi Karen,
Here, I'm using Family tree Maker 7.5, XP home and JFW 5.0.  I have very
little difficulty using the Family Tree Maker program and rarely need to go
into the JAW's cursor.  Some aspects of reading and producing the Family
tree Maker Reports are cumbersome, but once they're saved/exported  as RTF
files, it's a cinch.  My Family tree Maker version is now a very old version
and I have no idea how the up to date version 11.0  works.

Also, the free genealogy program from the Church of Latter Day Saints, known
as PAF or Personal Ancestry File, is excellent, but extremely difficult to
use with JAW's.  I like PAF because it will readily convert your family tree
data,once it's there,  into an HTML or Web Page, and that Web Page is
wonderfully, even delightfully,  navigable with JAW's and MS Internet
Explorer.

Good luck!

JDM

---