re: Faking 2 or 3 Key Presses In Jaws 6 for Single-

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:32:23 -0500

Adam,

There are two parts to answering your question:
1. In order to get your computer to hold down the control, Alt, or Shift
keys while you hit one or more other keys, you need to go into the control
panel and hit enter on "Accessibility options" where you will find the
Sticky Keys utility, which you will need to turn on.

2. In order to get the JFW insert key on the numeric keypad to stay down
while you hit other combinations of keys, you need to go into the JFW
configuration settings and find a check box which says something about
holding down the insert key. I don't remember where this option is found,
but it's definitely in JFW. hope this helps.
Regards,
Alan

From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Faking 2 or 3 Key Presses In Jaws 6 for Single-Finger Keyboard
Users
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:08:24 -0500

Hi all,
In previous Jaws versions, there was a way to simulate multiple key presses
using one single finger. Unfortunately, I have misplaced the exact steps.
I'm
looking for similar steps in Jaws 6. Simply put, how can I simulate Insert +
F7 or Insert + Control + Home using just one finger in Win98, 2K or XP? Any
help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Adam