Re: Facebook accessibility - Did you know

  • From: "Laney Troutman" <laneytroutman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 19:40:16 -0500

Wow! Have wanted to try it!
Laney
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sue B
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 7:15 AM
  Subject: Facebook accessibility - Did you know

  Hi all,

  Has anyone else tried the accessible version of Facebook's site. You can find
it at: http://m.facebook.com
  As more people have asked in training about Facebook I've been trying to come
up with instructions and quick ways to get places and such. I decided to read
their help center to see if they mentioned anything about screen readers and
sure enough they did! I sent this link on to a former client yesterday who said
she'd been struggling with Facebook for weeks. I had a note back from her
already this morning saying that she was able to find everything she'd been
looking for on the regular site using this accessible version. It would be
interesting to hear other feedback on this.

  Sue B.

  -- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To
with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/jfw Alternative archives located at:
http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html If you have any concerns
about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run,
do not post them to the list. Rather contact the list owner at
jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx