Re: Facebook

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:32:43 -0400

Most audio captias are a frustrating waste of time.  Instead, you can use a new
service called Solona that solves image captias with any web browser using real
live human operators.  When you encounter the nasty captia on the Facebook
registration page, you can create an image file of the captia and upload it to
Solona, where a sighted operator will decode it and return the result to you in
text format that can be read by JAWS.  You can then copy and paste the text
into the appropriate edit field on the Facebook registration page.  Just be
sure you read and understand Solona's instructions before you register for this
service.

http://www.solona.net/index.php

Gerald