FS Reader does not read training manuals in Daisy format

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:57:18 -0800

Though Jaws claims that all its training is available in Daisy format and can
be
read with the FS Reader, I find that all the FS Reader reads for me is a
tutorial about its own operating instructions.
I do have the Jaws training manual files on my computer under training/enu and
these files are in MP3 format. When I try to read them, Winamp begins to read
them but even here, the Winamp volume and fast forward keys don't appear to be
working.

My question: How can I read the training materials using the FS Reader provided
by Freedom Scientific?
Note the following as copied from a jaws training html file:

You now can get more help learning JAWS basics and the more sophisticated
features of JAWS with FSReader Demo, a built-in DAISY Reader solution that is
included with JAWS 6.0 at no charge. All basic training materials have been
converted to DAISY format. DAISY stands for Digital Accessible Information
System.