Re: External synthesizers via usb

  • From: "Diamond" <tantonio@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 13:56:51 -0500

Glad to help.  Good Luck with your new Laptop and Sharky.

Smile!
Tony
An English professor wrote on the blackboard:
Punctuate this sentence: 'Woman without her man is nothing'.
The men wrote: 'Woman, without her man, is nothing.'
All the women wrote: 'Woman! Without her, man is nothing.'

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stacey Robinson" <staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Diamond" <tantonio@xxxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:11:43 -0500

Good Morning Stacey!
Sorry for the delay in responding.  The answer is yes.  If you
are using
Jaws 8.0 go to your jaws menu arrow down to Utilities right for
the sub menu
and arrow down once to Synthesizer and brail manager and there
just follow
the prompts.

If an earlier version you will have to do a repair of jaws, also
easy.  If
its the earlier version let me know and I'll give you the steps
if they are
needed.

Smile! and Good Luck!

From: "Diamond" <tantonio@xxxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:20:51 -0500

Stacey no, you don't need to install drivers for the Dectalk
Express.  You
do however need to tell jaws during the installation that you
want to select
Dectalk Express as one of your synthesizers.
Remember that Eloquence is installed by default.

From: "Diamond" <tantonio@xxxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 19:39:23 -0500

It is working for me. The old serial Dec Express works with a USB
to serial
adapter.