External num pad

  • From: "Will Cummings" <will.cummings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:59:59 -0500

Hi all,

I just got an external number pad since I was sick of hitting the wrong
numbersall the time.  It's a Targus Ultra Mini USB numpad.    When the num
lock on the laptop is on and the num lock on the pad is on, everything works
great, and Jaws reads the numbers.  But if the numlock is off on my laptop
(giving me access to the actual letters so I can type), Jaws only says "num
lock off' anytime I hit any key on the pad.  The numbers show up in the
document or whatever, but I can't hear them as I'm entering data.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,

Will