RE: Excel 2007 say row and column headers

  • From: "George B" <gbmagoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:18:17 -0700

With jaws 11 and excel 2007 all you need is a black cell in the upper left
corner of the area you wish to have the collums and rows red.

Example
You have jan, feb, mar, apr, may, june as the collum titles in the first row
and these all start on a1 and go through a6
Then you have going down the first collum under jan in the following rows, 1
2 3 4 5 6

Now if you go in that area with the arrow keys you will hear the 1 2 3 4 5 6
red as you arrow down the collums for each month, but you will not hear any
months red when you arrow across a row for a date you are on.  This is
because you do not have a blank cell in the upper left corner.

In this example you would need to add a cell to the left of a1 which will
push all the months over to the right one cell and then a1 will be blank

Then arrow through the example and you will hear jan feb as you go across
and 1 2 3 as yougo down.

You were correct in 2003 and earlier jaws but if you have I think jaws 10 or
later and you structure the area of the spreadsheet in the mannor above jaws
now automatically does those steps for you.

Hth and if you have any questions just ask

Alternative archives located at: