Eudora problem

  • From: Lenny & Edith <lenedith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:43:14 -0400

This may or may not be a JAWS issue.
I am a sighted volunteer helping out some blind people using JAWS in the
Bahamas.

About two weeks ago I installed JAWS on my computer, and started going
through the tutorials.  At about the same time I upgraded from Windows 98
to XP PRO.   I then started going through the basic training tutorials.  In
Lesson 3, "Setting up your computer in Windows XP" I made all the
recommended changes.

I use Eudora 5.1 as my email program and it had been working OK for a long
time.  About the time that i made these changes I started having a problem
checking mail.  I soon determined that the following was happening.  My
incoming mail host is  "mail2.coralwave.com".  Every time I restarted my
computer this was changed to the words "local host", which did not work.  I
had to go to my options menu and correct it.  It also changed my username,
and I had to correct it too. .

Could any of the changes I made during tutorial lesson 3 have caused this
problem?

Lenny