RE: Eric Damery's response to my Blog comments

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:29:07 -0500

Hi Barry. Yep, I fully admit that I'm not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination, accept for a little bit of html here and there, and that's just simple stuff. I guess I'm one of those frustrated types who sees how people are being treated by the tech support folks, and it irks me that they're giving all these canned responses and not doing much to really help people fix the problems they're having, at least the stuff I'm seing on the list, I'm quite sure there are better stories. I've never had a lot of trouble with tech support, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Hey like I said earlier, I fully understand when bugs are hard to squash. so I'm not completely oblivious to the problems some programmers are facing. I just want JAWS to be the very best it can be. I'm sure everyone wants that.

At 06:06 PM 6/25/2007, you wrote:
Cris:
  obviously you know little about computer programming my friend.  Speaking
as someone who has written programs for over 24 years I can tell you that
the more responses with as much information as possible helps a lot.  I
believe Freedom is as discouraged as the users are.  When you believe you
have fixed the problem and it tested out in the shop and with a limitted
number of testers but then it reappears again.  Please give Freedom as much
info as possible and from as many types of systems, operating systems and
settings.  It is a bug that is very complex I think and eventually they will
nail it down.  For the others who think that freedom is wasting SMA's
solving this problem you are quite incorrect.  All you have to do is look at
the what's new for each version that comes out.  They are fixing as much as
possible and adding new features as the market demands.  All software is not
perfect look at Microsoft who patches windows each month.