Re: Email priority and Jaws in Outlook 2003

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 21:41:42 -0400

Hi Dale,
I totally agree with you for home or even office email. Often we do receive
junk or unwanted messages from people we know or don't know. They will come to
our mailbox whether they are set to high, normal or low priority. We have to
admit that email software developers do their best to reconstruct our old but
very efficient mail system, but hey, there's no real success to write home
about here, just viruses, worms, and other beasts. In the old or gold days,
mail was practical and efficient even when the go between pigeons had to
accomplish the hard task. Today, office workers get hundreds or thousands of
email per day to read. The high priority symbol set with a mouse click or a set
of keystrokes will attract their attention and invite them to read the message
immediately. So, when I'm at home, I just don't pay attention to any priority
at all. I just hope that my email and computer are safe for the day. What a
mess when compared to the beauty and reliable friendship of a helpful pigeon!
Best regards,
Adam