Re: Email Font

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:47:28 -0500

Dick,

    Here's a post that appeared here previously.  Hope it works for
you.
Margaret

Font size can only be set if you are composing email using HTML text
not
plain text.  In Outlook Express, it's called Rich Text, and can be
found by
opening up the Format menu (Alt O).  If you've already typed your
text,
simply select all the text with Control A.  Otherwise proceed as I've
set it
up here.

Once you set your email as Rich Text, then press Alt O again to open
the
Format menu, and arrow to Font.  It will open a dialog box similar to
Word's
fonts dialog box.  Tab to Font Size and type the size you'd like to
see the
font be, and press Enter.

That will give you the font you want as well as the point size.  You
can
compose your email in the new size, and then send it the way you
normally
would.

"AB7HW Dick Lee Chrisman" wrote:

Is there a way using JFW 6.0 to increase the size of the characters in
the
email messages we send?
As I write the email the character size is 15 point.
I have looked into Tools, options, fonts and changed the font size,
but
nothing happens when I read the email sent, it still says "Font
small"?
All ideas would be appreciated.
Dick
I am using Windows XP, Office XP, Pentium 4 512 Meg RAM with 55 Gig of
free
hard drive space, JFW 6.0, Outlook Express 6.x.