Re: Easiest Way of Proof Reading in Word

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:40:53 -0700

Two issues here:

1. Readability.  If the spacing is hard for the reader because of the font size
or style, such as 12 point italics, I would go with two spaces.  According to
Dictionary.com, it's a user-defined issue.

Linky:  http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/language/s/spacing.html

2. If you are doing this for a job, such as paid writing, then go with whoever
signs your paycheck or makes the design rules.  If I like a particular layout
and my boss says otherwise, then I'm gonna go with what my boss says.  If my
boss is the kind of person who doesn't know or is deferring to my own skill,
then I let them know what I'm doing and plow ahead.

As Daniel said, it's not something set in concrete.  But it sure is fun.

Francis