Dynamic combination boxes

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:44:32 -0500

There is a critter on many web sites that I call a dynamic combo box. It starts to look like a regular combo box, but when you hit enter to get into it and then start to down arrow, you are taken to the first link the box offers, or a link beginning with the letter you type. There is no way that I can discover to actually scroll through the box's contents to see w hat choices are there. Each and every time you use an arrow key, the page goes to that link and refreshes.

Anhyone know what the proper term for these is and if Jaws can be made to handle them like a non dynamic combo box?

Dan