Re: Downloading & installing Internet Explorer

  • From: Jeff <jeffpaget@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 01:28:59 +0930

An important note, if you run a restore point you will also restore the virus!

if you have your original XP disk you can do a "repair" install to bring
IE 7 back.

Regards Jeff Paget

Gerald Levy wrote:

You could upgrade to IE 8, but I would not recommend doing that at this point, since it still has some glitches that need to be worked out before it is really ready for prime time. I would also not recommend installing an earlier version of IE from one of the third-party IE collections that are widely available. If you have trouble with IE now, just try installing one of the earlier versions of IE from one of these free software suites. You'll be ready to chuck your computer out the window. Like you, I was experiencing frequent crashes with IE 7, so I decided to download one of those free IE collections. It completely screwed up my IE favorites and RSS feeds, so I had to uninstall it and perform a system restore to getIE 7 working normally again. So before you give up on IE 7, try doing a system restore. If you want to try IE 8, be sure you download it directly from the MS web site and not some third-party site. Gerald