Re: Don't know what I did -

  • From: <yesitscal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JAWS <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:20:17 -0700

Thank you, Leonard!  I didn’t know what I had hit, but your suggestion did the
trick.  I also sent an E-mail to JAWS tech support, and this is the convoluted
answer they sent back…

Thank you for contacting Freedom Scientific Support.

First try setting JAWS back to its defaults and see if you have the same
problem.

To set JAWS to the defaults:

1. press the Windows logo key+R to open the run command.

2. type in jaws9 /default

Do not press Enter.

3. Press Insert+F4 then press enter.

4. Press Enter.

If your keypad  now works as expected,

If you are using any third party scripts, back them up first.

1. Press the windows logo key to open the Start Menu.

2. Press the letter P for Programs or go to the all programs sub-menu.

3. Press the letter J till you come to the JAWS version you are looking
for and press enter.

4. Press Enter on Explore JAWS.

5. Down arrow to explore my settings and press Enter.

6. Press control+A to select all settings then press the delete key.

7. Restart JAWS.

 If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact
us.

…Sorry, think I’ll pass and stick to the list.