Dongle version of JAWS, cd or downloadable?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:23:27 -0500

Hi folks

Just got my dongle version of JAWS today.
I'm well aware that I should definitely uninstall my current version and
install the dongle one. However, the version on the CD that comes with the
dongle is 5.00.844 dongle and the version on the website is 5.10.384.
Is it safe for me to avoid the CD all together and simply install the
dongle version I downloaded from the FS website?
If there are special drivers on the cd I need to install I can most
certainly do that, but if it's just a matter of installing the downloadable
version I can do that too. Just want to make sure I'm taking the correct
approach before I start.
Thanks.