Dongle authorization may not work correctly in Windows 7

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:25:38 +0000

Hello all,
I wish to bring this to your attention. After installing JAWS on a Windows 7 computer, you may experience problems authorizing using a dongle, for example Windows installed the drivers, but JAWS fails to see the dongle.
Here's how to solve this problem:
1. When Action Centre notifies you to "solve PC issues", click on the icon in the notification area.
2. Click "solve a problem" in the Action Centre window.
3. Click view message on the next screen.
4. You will be told that "Sentinel Super USB Pro/Ultra Pro stopped working correctly." Follow the instructions that appears, including installing the driver update.
5. Reboot the computer when prompted.
JAWS should now correctly see the dongle and thus it will be activated.
I really hope this would be on the technical support pages of Freedom Scientific. This is why I am bringing this to your attention.
From Chris.
--
Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx