Re: Does removal of JAWS 11 affect use of earlier JAWS versions?

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:36:40 -0700

Dave,

Yes, interesting. Also the response you get to this question can vary
depending on who you talk to at FS.

I understand that the newer DCM (Display Chaining Manager) concept was
introduced with JAWS 10 and that was why my JAWS 9 failed to work as well,
being designed with the older VIM.

It did work, mind you but some applications (I vaguely recall Notepad?)
didn't work the same. May have also affected MS Outlook.

In any case, your use of C Cleaner may have performed the same service that
my IT guy had to do with a FS Support person on the phone, guiding him
through.

Dave