Does JAWS 10 Work with the new NFL Field Pass?

  • From: Rick Miller <mil9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:36:58 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Dear Listers:

I am a returning customer to NFL Field Pass, a computer feature on the National
Football League's web site which allows you to hear the audio of any NFL game
in progress as well as archived games.  When I subscribed, I found that this
year accessibility is not the same as it has been in years past.  After logging
in with my username and password, I find myself on the confirmation page.  When
I press the Enter key on the "Launch Field Pass," button, I am taken to a new
window where I am just stuck.  I cannot access the game of my choice.  I have
gotten in touch with the technicians at Field Pass support.  They told me they
have had about four or five complaints from screen reader users and were trying
to see if the Field Pass can be made accessible to screen readers and are
trying to rectify the problem, but after a week the problem is still not
rectified, or so it appears.  It leads me to wonder--is this just not
accessible or am I doing something wrong?  If any of you on this list have
subscribed to NFL Field Pass, are you able to access it the way it is now?  If
so, how did you go about it?

Thanks for your input and your help.

Rick Miller
Alternative archives located at: