Displaying the Namebox In Microsoft Excel 2007

  • From: "Mistry, Elash" <elash.mistry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:49:48 +0200

Hi all

I am using an Alva Satellite 544 braille display together with JAWS 9.0.

I find that in Excel 2007, the Namebox (which displays the cell address) does
not display on the Braille display when I focus on it.

I am using the Braille display in line mode.

My sighted colleagues say that they can see the namebox on the screen.

I've tried:

*         Re-installing JAWS

*         Re-installing the whole Microsoft Office suite

*         Changing the monitor

*         Rmoving and re-installing the virus protection software

*         Removing my personalized JAWS settings

All of the above did not solve the problem.

The software vendors suggest that I should upgrade to Version 10.  However, my
company, who bought the software for me in the first place, will not grant me
the budget for this at this stage.

I would appreciate your help in solving this problem as I use Excel quite
extensively in my work.  It is necessary for me to use JAWS in line mode as I
need an overall idea of the layout of the spreadsheets I work with.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Regards

Elash

The e-mail and attachments are confidential and intended only for selected
recipients. If you have received it in error, you may not in any way disclose
or rely on the contents. You may not keep, copy or distribute the e-mail.
Should you receive it, immediately notify the sender of the error and delete
the e-mail.Also note that this form of communication is not secure, it can be
intercepted, and may not necessarily be free of errors and viruses in spite of
reasonable efforts to secure this medium.