Disappearing virtual cursor

  • From: "JM Casey" <crystallogic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 18:27:40 -0400

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I was using the PC, and all seemed fine. This morning however, I
noticed that the virtual cursor was nowhere in evidence in explorer or my
e-mail messages. Insert-z says "off", "on", etc, but doesn't actually seem to
do anything. What is going on here?

I thought about what I might have done to cause this problem, and the only
thing I can think of is that yesterday I uninstalled some old .net components
as well as old c++ runtime libraries from my computer. I got no error messages
of any kind, of course, and I in fact still have newer version of the .net
framework and c++ redistributable 2008 on the PC, so I didn't think this would
be a problem. As far as I know, I didn't change any explorer or jaws settings.

Any ideas? This is very annoying and I want my virtual cursor back.

Thanks.

JM