Digest mode clutter

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:01:15 -0500

I'd like to address a growing problem with this most useful of lists for the
blind--its digest mode!

todays digest was 538KB in size, and that's becoming the norm.  That's over
half a megabyte.  Its becoming unmanageable and unnavigable to put it
mildly.

The reason is simple, and so is the solution!  At least sixty percent of the
digest is clutter made up of old messages that are attached to each new
message.  When responding to a message, if people could simply delete all
but the most recent of former messages in the particular thread they are
responding to, the problem would solve itself.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE!  I beg of you in the name of all that's good and
decent in this world, and in deference to those who use the digest, PLEASE
take a moment to remove the unnecessary clutter at the end of the messages
you are replying to.  By not doing so, you are unwittingly adding to the
problem.

Just highlight and delete all but the most recent message in the thread.

If there are others who feel the same, will you please speak up on this
matter?