Re: Dictionary add in words won't take!

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 06:32:03 -0500

You need to press control-s to save your JAWS dictionary additions before
exiting.

Also, in case this is relevant, before adding to the dictionary, you need to
decide if you want the change or changes to stay with that program only or with
all applications. If you want to make the change affect all applications, press
control-shift-d before adding the new entries. You need do so only once for
each dictionary session, no matter how many words you add, and the same with
control-s to save them.

I know of no way you can add an external dictionary to MS Word. If there is,
I'm sure someone on the list will tell us.