Re: Default script for Jaws 11

  • From: Rouillardmike@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:54:49 EDT

Hi,
Try this:
1. close jaws
2. go to run and type jaws11 /default
If the message doesn't appear, do the following:
1. go to start\programs\jaws 11\explore jaws\explore my settings
2. press control+a to select all of the files and folders in this  folder
3. press shift+delete and say yes when asked if you want to delete the
files
4. When the deleting is finished, re-configure all of your jaws  settings

Did the error message go away?
Mike Rouillard

In a message dated 4/2/2010 11:45:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
khug.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hello,
I installed Jaws 11 on a machine yesterday and  then I merged with settings
for Jaws 10. I now get the message that the  default jaws script can not be
found when loading scripts and that this can  cause unpredictable behavior
with this version of Jaws, which it most  definitely does. It recommends
that the default script be restored. I tried  repairing the program, but this
does not do it. I have looked for it and  I see a file called default.jss and
it matches the size and date of another  computer running Jaws 11. How can
I get it to function properly  again?

Kristeen Hughes
_khug.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:khug.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)