Re: Debbie's newest update to ad aware scripts work just great.

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:14:10 -0700

Hi Debbie, as usual, fine work for sure and all of us appreciate how you've
kept on top of it all, and here's hoping the software itself won't continually
be updated, just the definition files for it.
You might see if you can find ways to help those find the "check for updates"
button via hot key, the "finish" button via hot key, the "connect" button via
hot key like the ctrl-n for next and ctrl-m for mark all and
ctrl-s for scan now. In this latest beta with build 1.03 on my system with xp
sp2 and jfw 5, I had to use the jfw cursor to locate the "check for update"
button and "connect" and after that, I had also to tell my norton
firewall to allow that build of add_aware onto the web to attempt to update it
files, so after I did that, I had a heck of a time getting jfw to re_focus on
the add_aware application for some reason, but after I did, I
found my one "object" and the ctrl-n for next, ctrl-m for marking all objects
and control-n once again for next planted me on ok to delete that object.

Thanks again for all the hard work. You're an amazing lady full of kindness for
those of us who don't know how to handle such scripting for ourselves so you
relieve our anxiety about spy_ware by writing access to
this build though you may not know if tomorrow might result in another newer
build resulting in more work. I just wish to say thanks!

Curtis Delzer

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:45:09 -0400, Debbie Scales wrote:

Thank you Jim, I enjoy the opportunity to learn.  I wish I could do the same
for the Jaws 4.5X users, but unfortunately the only version of Jaws that
will recognize the text even with the jaws cursor is Jaws 5.
So far everyone is reporting back with good results, but I will wait until
tomorrow morning to put the new scripts on JFWLite...just in case, smile.
Debbie