Re: DSL question

  • From: "Gene Stevens" <guystevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:07:57 -0400

Most of the DSL modems come with firewall software included. Now I know I'll hear some flack about this one... but here goes any way. Switch over to the Norton Internet Security package. It has most of the software protection you will need. It's firewall runs well with the hardware firewall used by most of the modems. Then install the Microsoft Anti-Spy software. It's a little cumbersome to run, but it's always active function is quite handy. Combine this with something like Ad Aware and you have pretty much covered all the bases. Just remember to do your scans regularly and keep your definitions up to date and you should be fine.

Gene

On MSN and Yahoo: guystevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>