Re: DECtalk Access32 Not Working In JFW 11 Final Release

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:49:11 -0500

Following up my earlier message shown below, I uninstalled JFW 11, including
User Settings, and reinstalled it from the full download file.  I then
installed DECtalk Access32 as a speech synthesizer.  This made the factory
Voice Profile available.  However, when I switched to it from Eloquence,
nothing changed, and Eloquence was still doing the talking.  I can switch to
the other factory voice profiles, and they work normally.  I can only conclude
that DECtalk Access32 is not going to work with this build of JFW 11.
Apparently, something was done between the last Beta and the final release to
break support for this speech synthesizer.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx