DECtalk Access32 Not Working In JFW 11 Final Release

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:53:47 -0500

I have been using DECtalk Access32 from GW Micro on my XP Home system for
several versions of JFW including the recent public betas of JFW 11.  I
installed the final release of JFW 11 this afternoon, and now DECtalk Access32
doesn't work.  I can select it from the Voice Profiles, but I hear nothing but
Eloquence.  I find it amazing just how quickly FS can break something that has
been working all along.

I guess I'll go back to JFW 10 until I have time to uninstall 11 and start over.

Gary King
mailto:w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx