Re: Creating a playlist in WMP 11

  • From: "Norma A. Boge" <naboge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:48:15 -0500

Hi Boris, the following is something I kept from another list. I haven't tried this myself, but it sounds like it should work. HTH Norma

In the library, you will have a tree view and a couple lists.  One list
opens when you highlight a branch in the treeview and shows all the items in
that branch.  The next list is the "now playing" list.  You can empty that
any time by choosing "new now playing list" from the file menu.  Tab and
shift tab to move between these three lists.
Pick a tree from the treeview such as an album or artist or genre.  Then tab
to the list that opens and select songs you want in your play list.  I
normally pick one song at a time and press the context menu key to add to
the now playing list.  I just experimented with non-contiguous selection
with the control and arrow keys using spacebar to select and that also
worked.  You can shift tab to the add to now playing list button but it is
easier for me to use the context menu.  If you press enter on a branch of
the tree or in the middle list, everything in that list gets added to the
now playing list, which is what you don't want.  You can change this
behavior by pressing alt-o when in a list to change library options.