Re: Creating Accessible Acrobat Files

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:41:43 -0500

Thanks, Blake. Funny, I thought the whole point of PDF files is that they are images, which was why FS had to come up with special solutions for handling them. I suppose the ones we can access have some sort of text embedded in them.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Creating Accessible Acrobat Files Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:50:54 -0500

This morning I received a PDF document from a law office that I need to read but can't. I generally have success with PDf files, but this is one of the exceptions. I've asked them to send me a text version. However, I'd like to be in a position to tell them how to make their PDF files accessible. Can anyone suggest how I might start them down the road to accessibility?