Re: CraigsList Verification Word

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <jawslite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:27:39 -0800

        Try rebooting your computer.  I had a similar issue several months
ago, and although I had booted my computer just to go to the site in
question which gave trouble, after stopping and starting  Internet Explorer
several times, and stopping and restarting the network, all to no avail, I
threw in the towell and rebooted.  Low and behold, that made it work.  Why
it didn't work the first time I booted my machine, I cannot say.  But,
though it sounds goofy, give it a whirl.
-Brian
On Nov 15,  6:06pm, "Adrian Spratt" wrote:
} Subject: CraigsList Verification Word
} I'm trying to create an account and also post a help wanted ad on
} Craigslist, but I'm stymied by the requirement for a verification word.
} Clearly, the word is shown as an image.  However, on the account creation
} page, there's a link to "hear" the verification word, and it takes me to a
} RealPlayer page.  I have RealPlayer on my system.  Nevertheless, nothing is
} spoken.
}
} I know a similar issue was discussed a few months ago.  Does anyone have any
} suggestions?
}
} A.S.
}
} --
} JFW related links:
} JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
} Scripting mailing list:
} JFW List instructions:
} To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
} Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
}
} If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the