Re: Copying tables from within IE, pasting into Word?

  • From: Bill Tipton <billtipton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:23:51 -0700

Hi,

So far I have had no luck either way.
Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I have tried turning off the virtual cursor, insert z and Jaws will not
read anything to me then, then I do not know where I am at.
I tried to copy and paste anyway and only got the URL of the web page.
I tried the F8 method of selecting the complete table and exporting into Excel.
I only received a message telling me a script was happening from within IE
that will cause IE to hang, do you want to continue. I chose yes the first
time, it hung for  a while and then asked again.
I chose no that time and nothing happened.
This is on a XP Pro operating system.

My Windows 2000, IE 6.0  and Word 2000 system did not have that option that
I could find, but everything else acted the same.

I even tried Jaws 4.5 since that URL with the FAQ talked about that version
and I did not get anything different.

I have also tried to save the web page as the complete html and cannot get
that to work either.
I looked at the source of the html document and could not find anything
that pointed me to the direction of where I would know where to copy the
table from.
  I no very little about html though and could have missed it.
I did notice it was a rather small file and had reference to html and
frames in it.

Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks and have a great day.

Bill