Re: Copy-Protection and Other FS Programs

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:53:20 -0700

I was around when JFW was launched, and had they not protected it, all
kinds of free copies would have been generated.  Now, JFW is more powerful
than Window-Eyes, and more people use it at work, so there would be plenty
of non-paying users if it were easy.  The economics of this market might
well justify the cost of the copy protection scheme.

So I don't blame FS for protecting the program.  I do blame them for the
rediculous fee to use JFW with xp pro versus xp home.  That charge may have
been justifiable before xp, but it is so no longer.

Dean
To receive concise weekly adaptive tech updates, send a blank message to
tttt-   join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx