Re: Connecting to WIFI with JAWS

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:17:02 +0000

Wireless fidelity.

Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

I am also on Facebook.

On 16/12/2009 18:13, K Hughes wrote:
what is whiffy. karen

   ----- Original Message -----
   From: Alan Clendinen
   To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 10:53 AM
   Subject: re: Connecting to WIFI with JAWS

   Chris and others who gave advice on this thread:

   Okay, I was successful at accessing the WIFI icon via the sys tray. Here's
how I did it:

   I pressed the JAWS key + F11, then arrowed down to the WIFI item. I then tabbed twice
until JAWS said "Single left mouse button" and hit enter. This brought up the
list of available WIFI signals from which to use. The only thing I have to figure out is
how to stop Internet Explorer 8 from trying to connect via my normal dial-up connection,
because it takes time for it to figure out that there is no telephone wire connected.
When Internet Explorer finally figures out there is no telephone connection, it gives me
a connect button, which forces it to connect via the WIFI connection. There must be some
configuration setting I need to change, but I haven't found it yet. Anyway, thanks for
all your assistance.

   Alan

database 4694 (20091216) __________

   http://www.eset.com