RE: Computer died

  • From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:50:56 -0500

Hi. If you have ILM, forget it. Unless the other machine is exactly like the one that died, the key won't work on it. If you have Quella, you can use the HJAuth tool to retrieve it. After you hook up the hd, launch the tool and check the remove authorization radio button. Make sure the drive letter is correct before you hit the execute button.

From: Tony Santiago <tsantiago128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Computer died Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:29:52 -0400

Hello every one,
Well, here's the scoop. I have a computer that has died. It was running fine, until suddenly, it just shut off. I think the power supply has burned out, because there was a burning smell when it shut off, and it won't even try to power up any more. Now, what I want to know is if any one knows how I can get the jaws authorization key off of the hard drive. I have another computer and I'm wondering if I can remove the drive from the dead machine and put it in the other and get the authorization that way. If this is possible, how do I do it and are there any dangers or things that I need to be careful of? Any response is greatly appreciated.

Tony Santiago

tsantiago128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw