Re: Column to row in Excel

  • From: Anna K Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:11:08 -0500

When I do this, I first create a blank column on the spread sheet.  Then I
select the entire column with control-spacebar and copy it to the
clipboard.  Then paste it into the new column.  Moving columns is a little
temperamental.  I often have to do it twice before it takes.  Ther  is a
message I often get telling me that the size or shape or format (or
something) of what I am pasting is different from that of the area I'm
pasting to.  Recopying/repasting sometimes helps.  A column doesn't like to
be pasted starting on a row other than the first, which may just cause you
a real stinkin challenge.  Glad you're brave!

Ann