Re: Column titles in Excel

  • From: "Eileen Lafond" <Eileen.LaFond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:29:52 -0700

Hi,
I followed your directions and then I decided that I didn't want the
column headings read, only the rows.  How do you get it back to being
'undefined'?

Thanks,

Eileen La Fond
Phone (206) 386-0011
e.mail Eileen.LaFond@xxxxxxxxxxx

>>> jdwtlc@xxxxxxx 04/22/04 12:56PM >>>
Hi, here are the steps in jaws to turn on the row titles.  After
following
these steps, you should be able to hear the column title and row number
no
matter where you are in the spread sheet.  Hoe this helps.  Feel free
write meoff list if you need to.
  In excel, setting column and row titles.  Move cursor to A1 where
the
titles of the column and rows will be determined.  Press insert V, hit
the
letter S until you hear Jaws say set column  title to row range , press
the
space bar.  Press the letter S again, it will say, set row titles to
column
range, tap the space bar again.  This will read the column I had focus
on.
Hit the enter key.  I have now made the change and as I arrow through
the
spread sheet, it will announce the titles of the rows and columns.